A surgical solution for heartburn without incision
Do you have acid reflux, heart burn or regurgitation? Are you tired of taking medicine? Do you miss having a nice meal without pain? Are you losing sleep?
You don't have to suffer. AnMed Health Piedmont Surgical Associates can help you get your life back. With the non-invasive TIF procedure, you can quickly get back to living life on your terms. Toss those medicines. Enjoy your favorite foods. And get a good night’s sleep again.
- Acid reflux.
- Heart burn.
- Throat clearing.
- Persistent cough.
- Trouble sleeping.
- Regularly experience GERD symptoms.
- No longer respond well to reflux medications.
- Are dependent on proton pump inhibitors.
- Are considering surgery but concerned about complications and potential side effects of traditional antireflux surgery.
- Have a small hiatal hernia.
- Eliminate medications and PPIs (if approved by physician).
- Minimally invasive, no scars.
- No internal cutting.
- No metal implants.
- Quick recovery.
- Very safe.
- No limits on future treatment options.
(3 years after the TIF procedure)
- 70% of patients were able to completely stop PPI therapy.
- 87% of patients no longer had reflux.
- 91% of patients reported elimination of troublesome regurgitation.
TIF Patient Enjoying Chocolate and Other Foods Again
From Halloween to Christmas, an abundance of chocolate is all around. In holidays past, Greg Hill had to pass on all of it. He suffered from severe, chronic acid reflux, and for millions of people like him, acid reflux was more than a temporary annoyance.
With TIF, patients are often in and out of the hospital the same day and can go back to regular activity within a week. For patients like Hill, TIF is changing the quality of everyday life. In addition to eating, former GERD sufferers can enjoy a restful night’s sleep.
Dr. Paul Frassinelli
Dr. Paul Frassinelli was the first provider in upstate South Carolina to offer the TIF (Transoral lncisionless Fundoplication) procedure. Dr. Frassinelli uses TIF to treat the underlying cause of GERD. This innovative procedure rebuilds the antireflux valve and restores the body's natural protection against reflux.
Dr. Frassinelli recommends the TIF procedure for qualified candidates because clinical studies demonstrate that TIF patients have long-term relief and rarely report side effects commonly associated with traditional antireflux surgery. It also has an excellent safety profile with minimal complications.